Operations Manager for Manufacturing Company - FILLED
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for our client, a leader in its industry, located in South Vancouver.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s manufacturing operations including production, warehousing, shipping and maintenance. He/she will have the authority to operate autonomously and make decisions within budgets and policy, which he/she will help to create. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Sales Manager and the Controller to ensure the smooth delivery of products and services to customers worldwide.
The main functions of this job will be:
- People Management: Responsible for hiring and developing plant employees. The Operations Manager is expected, in conjunction with his direct reports, to develop and monitor performance measures for the plant, which will ensure safe and effective operation. The Operations Manager is expected to set and monitor measurable goals for direct reports.
- Purchasing: Develop and enforce a Purchasing Policy. Responsible for purchasing of all raw materials, packaging, tools and equipment within the parameters set out in the purchasing policy. Responsible for developing supplier relationships and implementing a system to monitor supplier performance and deal with suppliers of substandard product or service.
- Production: Responsible for setting up lines of communication between Sales and Operations, to gather the most accurate information available concerning future finished goods requirements. Responsible for production planning and scheduling, maintaining appropriate levels of inventory and for their safe and orderly storage. Must ensure that the finished products meet the specifications required.
- Shipping and Logistics: Oversees efficient and effective operations of the shipping department. Develop shipping and delivery policies. Acts as coordinator between sales, production and shipping for future finished goods requirements.
- Maintenance: Develop, implement and maintain a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment and the building/lands at the Vancouver location/s. This will include analysis of production equipment breakdowns and recommendations for capital improvements.
- Health & Safety: Ensure a Safety Program is implemented and maintained that meets or exceeds WCB requirements. Keep Senior Management informed of all pertinent Safety issues.
- Security: Responsible for the physical security of the building and lands. Responsible for the security of any and all company secrets within his control.
- Documentation: Ensure that policies and procedures for all plant functions mentioned above are clearly recorded in written form and conveyed to and understood by the relevant parties.
Success in the Operations Manager position will demand a person with
the following attributes:
- A skilled and effective communicator, that will communicate openly,
honestly and effectively with Superiors, Peers and Subordinates throughout
the entire company.
- A skilled, motivated and pro-active problem solver.
- A proven ability to develop and lead a team in a fast-paced and
- A person who will accept accountability for outcomes and will hold
others accountable for the commitments they make.
- A person who strives for continuous improvement of plant processes,
their own professional skills and those of their employees.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 7 years experience in a senior management capacity within a manufacturing environment.
- Completion of a college or university program in engineering or business administration is preferred.
- Knowledge of Canadian Health and Safety regulations for a manufacturing environment.
- Production Planning and Processing: Knowledge of logistics, including International Shipping, production processes, quality control, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement programs other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of finished products.
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource planning, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Reporting: Ability to compile reports of key indicators relating to human resources, budgets, manufacturing, inventory and supply-chain management.
- Mechanical/Technical Knowledge: Experience with manufacturing equipment, repair and maintenance. Knowledge of manufacturing plant layout and design.
- Business Acumen: Experience with budgeting and performance measurement. Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.